Friday, June 1, 2012

"Faith does not make anything hurt less.
The promise of heaven doesn’t make it nearer to me.
There is strength and courage in faith,
but there is not anesthesia.

But I can say I have embraced my grief.
I have walked boldly alongside this unwanted friend,
allowing it to do its work in me.
And this has been one of the most important decisions of my life.

* Nancy Guthrie and Gregory Floyd have each written books on the grief of loss, as they have each grieved the death of children.  Here, I have borrowed their words, as I can speak this sentiment with no more grace than they."

I found the above on an inspiring blog I read daily, http://www.tricialottwilliford.com/ by a dear woman with 2 small children who lost her husband to a tragic and sudden illness just days before Christmas.  She has blogged daily since the day he died. 

No comments: